- Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of Term of Use
- The term of use govern your access to use the website, content material and any other material or part connected to the website made accessible to you.
- By browsing, accessing, using the website, transacting through it and using any other service or facilities through the website, you have read, understood and agreed to all terms and condition notified to you. The terms and conditions are a legally binding agreement between CANVIS and you. If you do not agree to the terms and condition, you must leave the website and never use it again.
The content of the website is made up of sources from which we believe is accurate and as at the date of publication. We reserve the rights to update any information at any time. Except any information and terms required by the law, we do not express or imply any warranties or guarantees and make any representations that is in relation to the website content. CANVIS does not have any authorization or representation during the process of creating the website that the materials within the website is accurate, complete, up to date or is suitable for any purpose and that the website itself is free from an computer viruses or defects.
CANVIS cannot be responsible of any delays or interruptions to the website. We will provide reasonable actions to minimize any delays or interruptions that arise. However, we cannot guarantee that the website will be available at all times. CANVIS however may from time to time suspend operation of the website. We will provide notice in advance on the website if this is to take place but cannot guarantee that this will provided at all times.
When you use the website, you must not:
- Infringe any intellectual property right including copyright, database right or trademark right or the privacy of any person or be in breach of any legal duty owed to any person, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- reproduce any Website IP without our express written permission, which we may grant or withhold at our absolute discretion;
- seek reimbursement from any other person for access to the Website or on-sell any information obtained from the Website;
- engage in any conduct which is likely to mislead or deceive us or any other person, impersonate any other person while using the Website, conduct yourself in an offensive manner while using the Website, or use the Website for any illegal, immoral or harmful purpose;
- submit, post, upload, email or otherwise send or transmit to the Website, or any user of the Website, anything that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, harm, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or equipment linked directly or indirectly to the Website; or
- Interfere with the Website or the servers or networks underlying or connected to the Website or violate any of the procedures, policies or regulations of the Website or any networks connected to the Website.
CANVIS will use our reasonable actions to minimize viruses and bugs that can gain access to the website; however because of the nature of the internet, there will be bugs and viruses attacking from time to time. It is your own responsibility to ensure that during the process of accessing the website that you are protected from viruses and bugs that may damage your own computer system. CANVIS is not responsible for any interference or damage to your own computer system which is caused during the process of browsing our webpage.
The materials used within the website including all content, software, texts, images, design, website graphics and the selection and layout of the website are all owned and licensed by CANVIS and protected by the Australian and international laws. You must not, without our express written permission, do anything or omit to anything which may infringe the property rights in the website IP. You cannot:
- Reproduce any part of the website or website IP for commercial purposes, including sales
- In anyway modify the contents of the website
- Use any of the material on the webpage on another website
In the event that you do any of the above acts, CANVIS will not hesitate to take actions and enforce our intellectual property rights against you.
You are responsible for your own use of the website and you use the website at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all implied representations and warranties which might apple in relation to your use of the website.
Under the Australian Consumer Law you may have rights in respect to any goods and services supplied to under or through the website. In this case, our liability to you is limited to:
- The goods supplied to you by us, the replacement of goods or to the amount of equivalent goods
- In the case of services supplied or offered by us, the supply of the services again or paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
Otherwise, to the maximum extent permitted by law, neither CANVIS nor any of its officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, information providers, suppliers, associated entities or clients will be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense (including consequential loss or damage) to any person or entity, however caused (whether by negligence or otherwise), which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of any error, omission or misrepresentation in any Website Material or otherwise as a result of or in connection with the use of this Website or any Website Material.
Third Party Links
The terms and conditions are governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of the state of New South Wales, Australia. This website may access in Australia or overseas. CANVIS makes no representations that the content on the website complies any laws (Inclusive of intellectual property law) of any other countries outside of Australia. If you access our website outside of Australia, you do it at your own risk and comply to laws where you access the website.
We may change the terms and conditions at any time. This terms and conditions is effective until terminated by us, which we may do without notification. It is your responsibility to check the terms and conditions every time you access the website. If you object to any of the changes, you must discontinue the use of the website.
Canvars Pty Ltd operating as CANVIS is responsible in protecting your personal information while shopping on our online store, in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act, the Spam Act, the Do Not Call Register Act and applicable health privacy laws.
This policy will outline the reasons why we collect and how we use, disclose and otherwise handle personal information. Such personal information includes materials whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, and information about an individual who is identified or reasonably identified (e.g., name, address and phone number).
Information We Collect
The type of personal information we collect may include, for example when you:
- While finalizing a purchase with us, we will collect payment details (e.g. credit card details), a mailing/shipping address, billing address, contact number, credit voucher details and a contact name.
- While creating an online account with us, we will ask to collect a name, email address and password. We may also ask for a contact number and/or an address.
- Signing up for newsletter, we will collect name, email address, gender and age.
- Signing up to a CANVIS competition or promotion, we will collect a name, contact details and any other information we may need in terms of submitting your entry.
- While sending us an enquiry or providing feedback, we may collect a name, contact details, details of the content and information about our response.
Other personal information that may be sensitive such as health issues will only be collected under circumstances otherwise consent by you or required and authorized by law.
While visiting our website, some information collected may not be personal information and therefore will not reveal or identity.
Information on Site Visit
CANVIS may collect information such as server address, date and time of visit, the pages that were visited, and any documents downloaded, any previous sites visited, the type device, browser and operating system used. We may use the information for statistical analysis, to determine effective areas of our website, areas which are visited most and least. This may help us improve areas that are least visited most and understand what is working and what is not. This may also help identify individuals who we believe may be conducting unlawful actions and inappropriate activities in connection with our website. We use and disclose this sort of information anonymously.
A cookie is a small piece of information in text format that is downloaded to your computer when you visit a website. The cookie we use is anonymous and only identifies the user’s internet browser. The cookies used, is to remember certain session information and used to personalize your current visit to the website. This for example allows the website to remember who you are. Most internet browsers are already to set accept cookies and if you prefer not have your session information held then you can adjust your internet browser settings to reject cookies and/or notify you when they are being used. By rejecting cookies, it may limit the functionality of our website.
Methods of Collection
These are the different methods we may use to collect personal information:
- Through our website: e.g. purchasing a product, creating an online account or signing up for a newsletter
- Through our social media websites: e.g. Facebook or Instagram
- Over the telephone
- Through written correspondence: e.g. Emails or letters
- On hard copy forms: e.g. return forms
When collecting certain information, we will provide reasonable notification and reasons to why this information needs to be collected and who we will be sharing it with. Before agreeing in giving information we advise you read all collection details and terms thoroughly and carefully. If you do completely understand these terms please refrain from providing any personal information.
Reasons for Collecting Personal Information
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are to process transactions of goods and/or services online and to deliver these goods and/or services to you. To operate our loyalty and membership program and promote ourselves and our products and services, including through direct marketing, events, competitions and social media. Another reason is to secure products and services for our business, to preform research and statistical analysis and to protect the security of our stakeholders, offices and merchandise. Lastly we will use personal information to answer to any queries and resolve complaints.
Personal information will also be used for marketing purposes such as direct marketing and also contacting you via email, SMS, telephone and social media. If you do not want us to hold any personal information anymore, you can contact us at email@example.com. We will kindly remove you from our subscription list.
Disclosing Personal Information To Third Parties
We may share personal information to third party members under certain appropriate circumstances. This may include:
- Financial institutions
- Shipping and delivery providers
- Information technology and data providers
- Marketing and communication agencies
- Hard copy and electronic mail house
- Research and statistical analytical providers
- Government bodies to comply to law
- External business advisors
This may include cross boarder third party members. We will comply to relevant requirements of Privacy Act.
All data will be stored on our computer system and database. Hard copy information will also be held in our head office in cabinets. We take responsibility that all information not disclosed and misused. We will destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose permitted by the APPs.
Accessing, Correcting and Updating Your Information
You have the rights to access any information you leave with us. If you wish to access, correct and update any information you provide us please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unsubscribing From Our E-mail Database
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with “UNSUBSCRIBE” typed into the subject line of the e-mail.